GIMP is stunning image manipulation software and it is the abbreviation of GNU Image Manipulation Program. This software is considered as the best alternative of the Adobe Photoshop. It comes packed with many options and tools and this software also supports a large number of different plugins.
It is an open source and free of cost software, you can use it for many basic operations. Its installation process is very much easy and you can customize it as well, you can install in Express Mode, Custom Mode and Advanced Mode. It has a complex but intuitive interface and it’s a matter of time you will get used to the usefulness of it. Its toolbox contains all the basic operations and the tools but if you want complex operations its interface will become somewhat difficult. It has an array of effects and Layers which can be used for the most common tasks. You can get your work done in a short time; you can also apply gradient and the custom gradients in it. In the bottom line you can say that GIMP is an all in one application and it is suitable for beginners and advanced alike.
Features of GIMP
Below are some noticeable features which you’ll experience after GIMP free download.
- It’s exceptional image manipulation software.
- It is open source software.
- It is best alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
- It is free of cost software.
- It is easy to install.
- It has an array of effects and layers.
System Requirements For Gimp
Before you start GIMP free download, make sure your PC meets minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Memory (RAM): 512MB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 60MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or faster